Price Manufacturing is an experienced provider of CNC and screw precision machining. Los Angeles customers recognize us as a leader in the production of custom parts. For over 30 years, we have been supporting businesses with manufacturing projects that require both design and technical expertise.
Price Manufacturing supports a wide variety of businesses as a precision machining company. Los Angeles-area customers come from many different industries:
- We serve companies in aerospace who build components for industry giants such as Boeing and Airbus.
- We supply parts for the alternative fuel industry like delivery components, fittings, adaptors, and housings.
- Our company makes contact assemblies and hermetically-sealed products for customers who deal in electronics.
The breadth of our work, combined with our years of experience, means that we are able to respond to many common manufacturing challenges and provide solutions to unique problems.
Our Raw Materials
Because we serve a variety of industries, Price Manufacturing has become an expert in sourcing the best quality raw materials. In aluminum alone, we offer 2011, 2024, 6061, 7075, aircraft, ordinance and heat treatable alloys. Other raw materials we utilize for precision machining include:
- Stainless steel: We offer Los Angeles customers high-speed machining of 300 and 400-series stainless.
- Steel alloys: Price Manufacturing can handle high-volume production machining for several non-leaded steels. We can also meet close tolerances of high-carbon alloys.
- Non-ferrous: Our team works with a range of materials, from form-free cutting brass to Teflon.
At no cost to the customer, Price Manufacturing will certify its raw material as compliant with the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). The Department of Defense uses DFARS to define guidelines for sourcing and using metals in projects that require high fidelity. We employ an in-house radioisotope unit to check the chemical composition of raw materials. This alloy verification process saves customers the cost and time involved in sampling with an outside laboratory.
Raw Materials in Design
Before beginning precision machining, Los Angeles customers collaborate with us to decide which materials to use for their project.
An example: a telecommunications business may be interested in producing a large quantity of plugs. Typically, that customer’s engineer will send a drawing to us that includes the specifications for the plug as well as the quantities that are required.
In some cases, the company will know which materials it needs to use in creating the part. However, Price Manufacturing will support customers who have part specifications but wish to discuss potential design challenges and the alternative materials that might be used. This sometimes becomes necessary when a company requires a large volume delivered within an unusually short period of time.
Price Manufacturing offers this design expertise free of charge to businesses. It’s just one more way that we demonstrate the quality of our work and our commitment to customer service.
If your Los Angeles business has a project that requires custom parts and precision machining, contact Price Manufacturing online or by telephone at (951) 371-5660.